Wednesday 10 November 2010

Day 9

Getting to 15,000 wasn't easy. In fact it was a bit of a pig. I'm not sure - at the moment - where the hell Hellion is going, but after reading the NaNoWriMo gee-up email they sent today, I don't think it matters.
It is just fine, even good, I'd say, if at this point you have no idea what the point of your book is. You are exploring now; you are trying to find the book.
I guess Aimee Bender is saying much as they say in the music business: 'fix it in the mix.' Or, in the film business: 'make it work in the edit.'

She then goes on to say:
You are learning what comes out of you if you take your work seriously like this for a month.
Yeah, I know this! It's why I'm doing it. However ... I still wish I'd got up off my fucking arse and written a proper, peachy, all things sorted outline! Phew, now I've got that off my chest I'll sod off to bed.

'scuse the bad language.

No comments: