Tuesday 30 November 2010

Day 30 - Oh yes!

At just before 03:00 I hit the tit and was lauded as a winner. I won with 50,309, though that's not close to where Hellion will be, wordage wise, when it is finally finished. There's so much still to do.

On the one hand I feel smug and warm and wuzzly and am ready for kip. On the other I'm sort of upset that the November NaNoWriMo extravaganza is close to over - and not just because the rent is due on the 17th.

What I must not do is put Hellion away with a view to finishing it 'soon'. That's a disaster in the making. What I have to do is rip apart what I've written. Then write the outline, character outlines, Location descriptions, story arcs and sub plots that I should have written in October. Then I have to finish the rest of the first draft. Only then can I take a break, before starting the second draft.

The great thing about NaNoWriMo 2010 was the camaraderie with Bruin. Wonderful it was! :)

No comments: