Tuesday 17 April 2007

Where to now?

In 2003/4/5 I wrote a lot of music. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. Probably five albums worth of material. Sure a lot was crap, but amongst the detritus were some 'good and worthy pieces'. Then I discovered writing fiction and I changed. I packed away the studio and although I've still written lyrics, and have some melody lines floating around my head I haven't recorded anything in over a year (except for one voice and other old stuff for the set).

Now I've come to a point in writing fiction where I seem to have stopped. I have to finish Seraph - but not really because I want to. Then what? What am I going to do next? I'm too old to be an astronaut. Train driving seems dull now they're mostly electric. Cowboys (or Indians) are a bleak prospect, especially after 'Brokeback Mountain', and I'm too much of a wuss to take to crime....

Life is such a trial.

4 comments:

Kapitano said...

Take up painting...take a break from writing and come back to it later...return to music...do some photography...start posting about flower arranging or jet engine design...it's all good.

Personally I'd like to hear you sing some more.

Camy said...

flower arranging hasn't the appeal, though I could see myself wearing a sheepskin flying jacket, and designing Jet Engines... Not that I'd want to fly in a plane with one. ;)

Once upon a time I had a model boat with a jet engine (jetex I think). It went very, very fast in a circle. Hmm. I've often wondered why. Perhaps a foreshadowing of the life to come.

Kitty said...

Personally I'd like to hear you sing some more.

Me, too.


Perhaps a foreshadowing of the life to come.

ROFL. You might not have meant that to be funny, and I do understand, but it still made me laugh. :)

Camy said...

We're recording our rehearsals, and they're not too shabby, even though I do say so myself.

God, that singer is attractive! No, not me (though I have occasionally looked at mirrors without them breaking), I meant the one who plays piano. The one I ... but that's for another blog. :)