Tuesday 10 April 2007

Change of Attitude

It's been pointed out that I'm being extremely negative about life. Rather than seeing, and talking about the good, I'm focussing on the bad, and it's not healthy. Take my last post about the gig at the Poor Boys Cafe. On reflection I'm grateful that anybody came and saw us play, and chuffed as hell that they liked us. So what if I only came out with £18. £18 is far, far better than nothing.

There was an episode of Oprah on this afternoon on a topic called 'The Secret'. This is supposedly a new philosophical way to live your life, that brings you everything you desire, with little or no effort. It's championed by a lot of celebrities (who already have everything they desire) and a lot of people seem to be leaping on the 'Secret' bandwagon. However, as with anything 'new agey' there is also a raft of critics. Here is a presis of one of them which made me laugh: 'The Secret takes the well-worn ideas of some self-help gurus, customizes them for the profoundly lazy, and gives them a veneer of mysticism.'

Profoundly lazy, hmm ... sign me up!

Anyway, from now on, I will be positive rather than negative. I'm also going to try creative visualisation. Add all that to getting off my rather lazy backside, and I'm going to be a much happier bunny.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

I'm seeing the makings of a fine bumpersticker here ... "Lazy and proud of it" :D

Sounds like The Secret has apparently worked for Rhonda Byrne, who wrote the book by that name that was turned into the movie. ;)

Actually, it's not really a *new* concept, but apparently it's ready for a mainstream audience now.

As to "with little or no effort" ... I think I'd prefer to say "with elegance" ... just the right amount of effort, no more, no less, applied in the right way at the right time. "Right" not meaning in some absolute sense, but referring to what is needed from a practical standpoint in any given situation. And "effort" not meaning angst and pain, but simply the application of energy done with intention in a certain direction.

Everyone is a mix of positive and negative, but it's a matter of attention ... what are you focusing your attention on? Like the old question, is the glass half empty or half full?


I'm going to be a much happier bunny.

What?

;) :D