Wednesday 31 October 2007

milling by the tape.

Happy Halloween, y'all. Which means mere hours to go until the start of the 2007 NaNoWrMo.

I have my mate Kapitano to thank for helping sort out what I'm going to write.
[quote]I suspect these few weeks aren't a dry spot of inspiration, so much as a dry spot of inspiration for novelistic ideas.
So...maybe write something that isn't a novel, like a short story, with an eye on the story later becoming the first chapter of something big.[/quote]


Not that Kap's entirely to blame; though he planted the seed. The idea of plotting a novel is daunting, and I couldn't get my head around it. So instead, I'm going to write a linked series of short stories ....
Five or six short stories in a month sounds much more do-able ... even if I am going to 'pants' it. :)

Remember milling about at the start of a cross country run?

No comments: